Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mind Your Own Business

According to Barbara Kay, writing in the National Post on Wednesday, the pill has been more of a hindrance than a help to women, and she suggests it is more of a burden and contributes to a breakdown of marriage. I take issue with this statement, as I never wanted children and have been with the same man for years. Better to be responsible than have to resort to an abortion if you are dead set against having children. And what about condoms? Such a backward advance I suppose, considering they help protect against disease and also provide a relatively natural alternative to contraception. I have no interest in taking the pill because it interferes with a woman's health, but I do take responsibility for my actions and it is none of Ms. Kay's business on how other folks conduct their behavior. I don't need children and never have. Really, mind your own business.

0 comments: