Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bad bartending or shitty music?

Over my many years of living in London, I have oft wondered why I so rarely see drunks downtown. Little known to me was the fact that there are laws which prevent bars from allowing people who appear drunk to be on the premises in London.

Two London bars have had their liquor licences suspended for having drunken patrons on their premises.
Whoa! Drunk at a bar? Who would 'a thunk?



But apparently there are some exceptions made by proponents of certain lifestyle aesthetics. Now, I haven't noticed any country music venues on Richmond Street, so maybe that's why I've rarely noticed any drunks downtown - 'cause y'all know drinking and country music go together like, well, country music and drinking.
The licence of Town & Country Saloon, 763 Dundas St., is suspended for five days, from Feb. 15 to Feb. 20; and that of Cowboys Ranch, 60 Wharncliffe Rd. N., for 10 days, from Feb. 18 to Feb. 28, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario said.

The Ranch was cited for violations of provisions of the Liquor Licence Act on May 9 and the Saloon for incidents involving two people July 29. One patron left the bar intoxicated and the other was served by a bartender after entering the tavern drunk.
Anyone seen my dog? I gave it the keys to my truck an' I ain't seen either since.

0 comments: