Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Logic of Advocacy

It's nobody's business what takes place between consenting adults, but greedy capitalist that I am, I do resist paying for the consequences of someone else's poor choices. Next stop, bondage friendly sites, complete with free leather:

TORONTO -- A woman calling herself Canada's most famous dominatrix says the best years of her life were spent spanking and tying up clients in her north Toronto bondage hotel.

Terri-Jean Bedford, whose infamous "bondage bungalow" in Thornhill was raided in 1994, laid out her life story for federal and provincial Crown attorneys Friday as an example of why prostitution should be decriminalized.

"The safest and happiest period in my life was when I was up in Thornhill, running the (bondage) service from my house," she said.

"I just want them to know that indoors is much safe from outdoors, from my own experiences.

[..] Bedford, who has hepatitis C and a deteriorating spine, hasn't been playing the domination game lately. Still, she's charging forward with the cause.

"Tax dollars should go to funding programs for people who have been affected negatively (by sex work)," she said. "Maybe I can be a role model to let them know, you can rise up above. (CTV)
Not everyone agrees, not even the Sex Workers Alliance of Toronto.

cp: Mitchieville

2 comments:

Honey Pot said...

"(I want to) seek justice not only for myself, but for all the women who are being hurt on a daily basis," Bedford said. "Hurt, murdered, raped, tortured - all because of the Canadian laws."- Bedford the sadist

That is an oxymoron if I ever heard one, coming from a sadist.

Bedford would make a good candidate for the ndp party.

marginalizedactiondinosaur said...

"That is an oxymoron if I ever heard one, coming from a sadist."

indeed

"Bedford would make a good candidate for the ndp party."

ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,......

I should have thought of that!