Sunday, May 25, 2008

Human Rights Rock! The Unprotected Group: If I Had A Royal Commission

London's Unprotected Group are back, and this time they're modernizing one of Bruce Cockburn's CanCon Human Rights classics.

IF I HAD A ROYAL COMMISSION

PLAY LOUD

Here comes the Rights Commission, second time today
Everybody logs off and hopes they go away
How many folks they've framed now, only God could say
But if I had a royal commission, I'd make somebody pay

I don't believe in Section 13 or investigators leaving bait
Cause if there ain't no haters out there, Lord, they're easy to create
And when I read on FreeDominion of Human Rights folks spreading hate
If I had a royal commission then I would set things straight

In the right wing blogosphere, one hundred thousand wait
To be sued by Richard Warman, or some less humane fate
It's just like Charlie Manson suing Sharon Tate
If I had a royal commission I would not hesitate

You can get them on the stand, but they're just gonna lie
Or say they don't remember who wrote those words or why
Stealing people's wireless -- echoes of the victims' wails --
If I had a royal commission, somebody'd go to jail

2 comments:

marginalizedactiondinosaur said...

For a song to be unhateful don't you have to use the n word several times?

Mike said...

I don't have it in me to use that word, even if it would make me doubleplusunhateful to do so.