Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I am just as God didn't make me


I love post-modernism. You are free - no expected - to mix and match realities, giving all and none equal weight, because they're all true - but not really. It's all relative and I am my own construction.

Whatever.

This sounds like a story invented by those masters of all things offensive, The Frogs.

Ethicist Margaret Somerville says Mr. Beatie's story speaks to the uprooting of the biologically natural family, a process that began with same-sex marriage.

"Once you take away that fundamental biological reality, once you say that family is what you define it as ... then you can do this sort of thing," said Ms. Somerville, founding director of the McGill Centre for Medicine, Ethics and Law.

"Where I would do a reversal on this is to say, 'You've artificially made yourself a man. You're not a man, you're a woman and you're having a baby and you're actually having your own baby. Just because you put on a clown suit, doesn't mean that you don't still exist underneath.' "

She added: "It's a very touchy thing, this deconstruction of our biological reality and the institutions that have existed across all kinds of societies over thousands and thousands of years to establish stability, respect and certainty. I think we're just playing with fire."

Hmmm . . . yes . . . well, next week I think I'll add some animal cocks too . . .

1 Comment:

Honey Pot said...

Adds a whole new meaning to the saying, go fuck yourself.