Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Compassion Of Low Expectations

Not necessarily "The View". Can you spot the real quotation?

  • WHOOPEE GOLDBURG: Yeah, because you’d think if you’re going to sit in the front of a bus, I mean, we had this discussion yesterday about people coming to the South and learning the customs and knowing what is cool, and what isn’t cool. But I find that maybe we are not- and I say we just as African Americans, we’re not as anxious to learn the customs before we go places. It’s just one of the reasons Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King were called troublemakers.

  • WHOOPI GOLDBERG: Yeah, because you’d think if you’re going overseas, I mean, we had this discussion yesterday about people coming to America and learning the customs and knowing what is cool, and what isn’t cool. But I find that maybe we are not- and I say we just as European and American, we’re not as anxious to learn the customs before we go places. It’s just one of the reasons we’re called the ugly Americans.

  • WOOPIE GHOL D'BIRGUE: Yeah, because you’d think if you’re going place to place, I mean, we had this discussion yesterday about people coming to small redneck towns and learning the customs and knowing what is cool, and what isn’t cool. But I find that maybe we are not- and I say we just as gay Americans, we’re not as anxious to learn the customs before we go places. It’s just one of the reasons Matthew Shepherd was called a mean name.

1 Comment:

Elaine said...

It does appear that the muslims do make up rules to justify the fatwa of the week.

Sort of like an abusive spouse. No matter how hard you to try and please them, they constantly change the rules for that pleasure of getting to abuse.

islam is insane