Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Whatever happened Fender Newton-Wright and the Poppy Seeds?



Having spent the last couple of decades toiling in obscurity, classic AM radio recording artists, Fender Newton-Wright and the Poppy Seeds, recently recorded a comeback single inspired by London's Storybook Gardens.

"Whatever Happened to Storybook Gardens?"

PLAY LOUD



Whatever happened to Storybook Gardens?
Where went those glory days?
I ain’t ever been to Storybook Gardens.
It don’t hold no memories for me.

It’s just another city sink hole
deeper than the one on Dundas Street.
I ain’t ever been to Storybook Gardens.
Slippery the Seal’s never done nothing for me.

A seven million dollar investment
bringing back those glory days
250 000 visitors and the Mayor
couldn’t put back the pieces of that place.

Whatever happened to Storybook Gardens?
Where went those glory days?
I ain’t ever been to Storybook Gardens.
Slippery the Seal’s never done nothing for me.

1 Comment:

Elaine said...

hahahahahahahahahahahah,

If they keep it up down there, you guys are going to have a complete album going gold by the xmas.