Thursday, July 26, 2007

If it's climate change, how do you explain the 1947 flooding?

Britain dealing with worst flooding since 1947

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown is blaming the flooding on climate change caused by carbon-fuel emissions and on the country's outdated infrastructure.

"Like every advanced industrialized country, we are coming to terms with some of the issues surrounding climate change," Brown said Monday.
I ask again, how do you explain the flooding 60 years ago? I also ask, why 1947? Was there worse flooding in the early 20th century? It would certainly appear so by the date chosen.

(cross posted at Little Tobacco)

4 comments:

John Nicklin said...

Who remembers 60 years ago, you're supposed to forget that stuff, we're talking about apocalypse here, not history.

Anonymous said...

Silly blogger, you can't impose a carbon tax on people in 1947.

Elaine said...

I wish I had have saved all those carbon bonds I found in grannies attic when I was 12. I would have been have sitting with my ass in the sugar bowl right now.

John Nicklin said...

Hell, even George Mombiot is confused.

It wasn’t meant to happen like this. The climate scientists told us that our winters would become wetter and our summers drier. So I can’t claim that these floods were caused by climate change, or are even consistent with the models. But, like the ghost of Christmas yet to come, they offer us a glimpse of the possible winter world that we will inhabit if we don’t sort ourselves out.

But even though the floods are not supposed to be hapening, the models didn;t authorize them, things will be worse in the future, he just knows they will.