Tuesday, July 17, 2007

But are they anatomically correct?

Yes, I admit it, I liked playing with my sister's Barbies while growing up. While my sister enjoyed dressing Barbie up, I was all too eager to help disrobe the plastic perfumed princess. I gave up this practice in later years for the feelings of shame it produced in me; I felt Barbie was just too shallow an object of desire to be the focus of my fantasies - all looks and no personality. Now I can have my cake and eat 'cause there's a Holy Mary Messenger of Faith doll just waiting for my fumbling fingers . . .

Mary was chosen by God to be the mother of God’s Son. One day, an angel appeared and told her that she was going to have a baby named Jesus. Mary and her husband were very excited! Mary finally gave birth to baby Jesus in a town called Bethlehem. She raised baby Jesus until He grew to be a man, and she loved Him very much.
And for those of you who always wondered just what the Vatican hasn't wanted you to see beneath those rodes all these years, there's a Jesus doll too!
Wal-Mart said Tuesday it will test sales in some stores of biblical action figures whose makers say they are aimed at Christian parents who prefer their children play with Samson, David or Noah rather than with a comic book character or Bratz doll.

3 comments:

PGP said...

Hyper Barbie

Elaine said...

Anatomically correct? There is no way they would give Mary a muffin, and JC a tallywhacker.That would drive the christians right off the edge, they'd be strapping bombs on themselves and taking out Walmart greeters.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Barbie, here's some childhood
fun...