Monday, May 7, 2007

The 12 days of Allison Graham

I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country. Oh, and one for my province, and one for the party next week, and one for the hairstyling appointment on Thursday, and one for…
In the Inbox:

From: Allison Graham
Sent: March 14, 2007 10:43 AM
To: 'Allison Graham'
Subject: Allison Graham for MP? It's Up to You!
I have decided to run for the Federal Conservative Nomination for London North Centre. If you are aware of my community, professional and political involvement outside of my role with the London Free Press as the People You Know columnist then this will come as no shock to you. In fact, it is probably an expected turn of events [...]

All aspects of my life have led to this moment.
Oops! Wrong life, I meant this one!
City councillor Paul Van Meerbergen has been acclaimed the federal Conservative candidate in London North Centre.

Allison Graham … announced Mar. 26 she's withdrawn.

Instead, Graham, 32, said she will contest the provincial Progressive Conservative nomination in London West, for Ontario's Oct. 10 election.

1 Comment:

Elaine said...

If that doesn't work for Allison, I heard the ndp and green party are looking for candidates.