Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Oakland…

…way too close to San Francisco.

"He always had a smile on his face," said a 22-year-old man who identified himself as a rapper named Little Al. "He was a solid dude, loyal."

He didn't express any anger at the pizzeria owner for shooting his friend. "Life happens," he said. "I'm not upset, you feel me? You wouldn't want it to happen, but it happened. Ain't no telling why that shooting occurred."
Yeah, ain't no telling that.

HT: Curmudgeonly & Skeptical

Update, April 25: One Cosmos on the sixth commandment of nihilism, Thou Shalt not Kill, but Murder is Fine.
…the sixth commandment is there to remind all of us would-be murderers that you shouldn't do that. I don't know when or why it was ever erroneously translated as "thou shalt not kill," since killing has no no intrinsic moral consequence one way or the other. Ironically, leftist nihilists rarely cite the Ten Commandments, but you will often hear them cite "thou shalt not kill" in support of their nihilist policies. Interesting that they misinterpret the one commandment of which they approve.

And the reason they misinterpret this particular commandment is that it dovetails nicely with their deeply nihilistic and pacifist tendencies. For when you conflate murder and killing, you do two things: first, you minimize and even trivialize the horror of murder -- very similar to feminists who trivialize the horror of rape by equating it with any sex a woman regrets on the following day. But secondly, you convert the use of lethal violence against evil, which is a moral necessity, into something bad. Once again, you have overturned the moral order of the world.
Read the rest.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Awwwwww, looks like that rapper had one of those....... discretionary, "get out of jail free" cards that our town celebs all have.

Looks like he ain't going to get to use it though. The pizza parlour owner mustn't of realized how important the rapper was, and he wasn't willing to die for him.

Can you imagine the stupid glorifying songs other rappers will be writing about the 'daid as a door nail' rapper.


he wanna get a pizza, he got a gun
he asked for no mushrooms, and da crust was well done

he had a right ta pull dat gun
cause he important, he number one

da pizza man he a prick
he shot my brudder, he to damn quick

ma brudder daid, cold in the ground
he just foolin' coz he was a clown

fuck off pizza man, you ain't cool
you don't play da game, you break da rule

you suppose to be da daid pizza man,
not my brudder who was sweet
is pushing up daisies at ma feet.

Mike said...

Rappity-rap! Rapping is swell,
Rappity-rap! Now I be rappin in hell,
Check it out y'all!

I could rap all day, I could rap all night, I liked to rap 'cause rapping's alright
I could rap in the hood, my rapping was good
Except I wasn't so good at dodging bullets and now I look like I belong in a pizza box so I guess I really should have stuck to the rapping
Yo! Keepin it real in the eternal flames n shit

libby van dyke said...

Yo! Shouts out y'all to all the pimps and hos out there!

Just another ghetto martyr tryin' to do his thang.