Monday, August 14, 2006

Maude Barlow

Hurrah! Fenris is back, and he's got creaky old Maude Barlow in his anti-racist sights.

Reminds me of a song I wrote for Maude a couple of years ago,

Hear the little children say,
"Maude Barlow, go away."
There's no need for us to disagree

Rich white man all coked up says
"Maude Barlow should shut up."
Isn't he a lot like you and me?

Urban black man in his cups says
"Maude Barlow should shut the fuck up."
There's common ground between the three

Well, hip hip hip hip hooray
We achieved consensus today
Maude Barlow should shut up, and shut the fuck up, and go away

5 comments:

Fenris Badwulf said...

You wrote a poem about Maude. Wow.

Mike said...

A *song*, Fenris, a song.

basil said...

Dictionary.com defines Song (also Sung) as:
A Chinese dynasty (960-1279). Under its rule China achieved one of its highest levels of culture and prosperity.

Pietr said...

Your ad-hominem projection is nothing more than a straw man!
And other cliches particular to bloggers!

fenris badwulf said...

I have a dark confession to make: I am incapable of writing poetry. Sure, I can churn out prose, but when it comes to poetry, well, they say it is 'doggerel'. So, I envy your talent.

You are a better man than I, Gunga Din.

I need a program.