Thursday, June 8, 2006

"You're rewarded for shutting the fuck up"

"This would be a far safer country without weapons, and you know it."

"And there'd be fewer drownings if we got rid of lakes. There will be accidents! Leave me alone!"

[..] "What do these deer think when they see you coming?" I ask him. "Here comes the nice guy who puts out our dinner? Or, there's the man that shot my brother?"

"I don't think they're capable of either of those thoughts, you Limey asshole. They're only interested in three things: the best place to eat, having sex and how quickly they can run away. Much like the French."
That's Ted Nugent folks, speaking with a multicultural, vegetarian "Limey", writing for the Independent Online. Long, but hilarious and worth the read.

HT goes to Billy Beck

5 comments:

Ian Scott said...

I've always enjoyed Ted - and his music.

Found this quote in the article interesting:

"My confidence level is insane. If there is one thing I am, it's always right."

Pietr said...

Salty character, old Billy Beck.
If I quote him again, I'll probably include a link as his (difficult) site is quite entertaining.
Ted Nugent? Help? Any clues as to what I might know of him?

Ian Scott said...

Ted Nugent - popular, in some circles, as a bit of a "wild" rock n roller during the 70's and 80's.

Cat Scratch Fever was one of his top sellers. I used to play some of his songs with the volume turned up.

Pietr said...

Cheers Ian.

Ian Scott said...

Ah, yes.. and how could I forget?

WANGO TANGO!

Oh yeah.. now when I was working on the farm, the cows seemed to give a lot more milk when I blasted that song through the barn.