Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Well, all that public input was certainly useful, wasn't it?

Collaborative poetry from Soreheaduk and Mike in the comments section of the London Fog:

How many roads must a weed grow down
Before they call him a weed?

The pesticide my friends,
Is blowing in the wind,
The pesticide is blowing in the wind.

Yes, 'n how many fevers must a back yard spawn
Before an application is approved?
'N' how many times must I point out
It was my name on the deed before I moved?
'N' how many allergies must Lond'ners suffer through
Before "hippy science" claims are proved?

The pesticide, my friends,
Is still blowing in the wind,
The pesticide is blowing in the wind.
In today's London Free Press, an article titled Pesticide bylaw questions answered without the slightest hint of irony:
Q: Who decides if it's an infestation?
A: To be determined.

Q: Who decides if a pest is a threat to human health? What if I suffer from asthma?
A: To be determined.

Q: Who will enforce the bylaw?
A: That's also yet to be determined. The Middlesex-London Health Unit has said it isn't interested, instead recommending city bylaw enforcement staff.

Q: What's the penalty if I violate the bylaw?
A: To be determined. The city has yet to propose set fines, which would have to approved by a justice of the peace.

Q: After Sept. 30, 2008, can I still buy pesticides?
A: Yes. Pesticides approved for sale by Health Canada's Pest Management Regulatory Agency will still be sold at retail outlets.

3 comments:

Pietr said...

Where has all the green grass gone,
Long time passing?
Where has all the green grass gone,
Long time ago?
Where has all the green grass gone,
turned to class warriors every one,
when will they ever learn, when will they ever learn?

Pietr said...

ps-when they taught me that song at school, I resolved to join the airforce and blow people up.

Anonymous said...

Good job guys, I was ready for a laugh about this issue.