Thursday, February 9, 2006

Yes, we did just have an election…

…glad you're feeling good about it.

If I were walking past your house and came upon a crowd deliberating whether to enter the premises and take things that belonged to you, and they invited me to vote on the matter, I would swiftly inform them that there could be no vote about it because the matter is completely closed on the principle of private property. There is no such thing as a moral right to take a vote on whether to violate others' rights. In plain language, this is known as a conspiracy.

And there is no magic alchemy by which these principles are mooted simply by scaling the conspiracy up to the level of a whole nation.
Billy Beck, posted originally at Samizdata

Not that I'm bitter about the $7,000 or more I'll be paying in income taxes this year…

3 comments:

Publius said...

Good God Mapmaster! That means your making as much money as I am! And I have a useless degree!

Brent Gilliard said...

I try to earn as little money as possible, thus avoiding income taxes. :P

MapMaster said...

How are you going to pay for my pension with an attitude like that?