Saturday, December 17, 2005

CollaboratorWatch 2006: London West

Stepping out to buy a train ticket, I dropped in to the neighborhood variety store for smokes on my way downtown.

Ahead of me in line was a little dark cloud of a troll, purchasing a Toronto Star. It took me a little while to register that this troll was in fact Sue Barnes, the MP for this benighted riding.

Barnes and the owner were in conversation. Barnes handed him a card with a big red L on it, saying something to the effect of, "OK, call us, and we will set up a meeting". I realized that this was no place for a patriotic Canadian to spend his money.

The owner turned to me, Liberal business card still in hand. "Yes sir."

Not having come up with a witty line like, "Sorry, the Liberals are bad for business," I looked at him, looked at the card, looked at her, slowly said "No thanks," and walked out.

I then went and gave my money to the Party anyways by buying a train ticket and smokes somewhere else. But hopefully it made him a little more wary of Liberals, and perhaps made her a little bit more ashamed to be Sue Barnes.

1 Comment:

Pietr said...

From the office of Sue Barnes.
"We resent the implied defamation in your article and demand an apology within seven days or we will be taking out an injunction against you.We hope to make this injunction permanent at a future date, but in the meantime we will be requiring that you pay the cost of your repression as well as like it.
Ms Barnes presently has a large boil on her arse, so you will not at this time be obliged to kiss it, although we reserve all rights.(This is solely to prevent cross infection.)