Wednesday, November 30, 2005

In space, nobody can hear you scream for positive community-based solutions moving forward

RIPLEY
Garneau let it on board. Garneau let it grow inside Canada. Garneau blew the warning signal.

LAMBERT
Why.

RIPLEY
Special Order 937.

PARKER
What's that.

RIPLEY
That's what I want to know.

    GARNEAU's head is placed on the table.

    His eyes flicker into consciousness.
RIPLEY
What is Special Order 937.

GARNEAU
You know I can't tell you that.

RIPLEY
Then there's no point in talking to you. Pull the plug.

GARNEAU
Special Order 937 in essence asked me to direct the ship to the planet, help get the Party re-elected, and keep the Cartel in power. With discretion, of course.

RIPLEY
Why. Why not tell us.

GARNEAU
Would you have voted for Mafia-based kickbacks and money laundering under the pretext of a national child care system?

PARKER
It wasn't in the platform.

GARNEAU
My very point.

RIPLEY
They wanted to siphon off Canada's wealth into the pockets of the Cartel. No matter what happened to us.

GARNEAU
That's unfair. Actually, you weren't mentioned in the order.

LAMBERT
Those bastards.

GARNEAU
See it from their point of view. They didn't know what social justice truly means to committed community activists.

RIPLEY
How do we kill it.

GARNEAU
I don't think you can. Not in this country, given its complete lack of checks and balances. But I might be able to.

RIPLEY
How.

GARNEAU
I don't know quite yet. I'm not exactly at my best at the moment. If you would reconnect...

RIPLEY
No way.

GARNEAU
Don't be so hasty. You'll never kill it without my help.

RIPLEY
We've had enough of your help.

0 comments: