Sunday, June 26, 2005

The 14 Commandments according to London Public Library

10 commandments might be good enough for God, but not for The London Public Library:


Since I'm paying for it via tax dollars, I figured it might be a good idea to go wear out a concrete seat at London's miniature replica of East Germany, more affectionately known as the Central Library Reading Garden. Alas, it was closed:




As I am not one to give up without a fight, despite the 40 degree temperature and extreme fog, strong stench of raw sewage and countless beggars trying to get me to donate at least a quarter to their cause, I nonetheless persevered, hoping to get some return on my dollar. Thus, Mapmaster and I trudged on down to the peace garden:




But the trees were dying,



and the garbage was piling,



so, we went home to celebrate Tax Freedom Day with some highly taxed rum and coke and smokes.

1 Comment:

Publius said...

You've got liquor in London. What the hell are you people complaining about. A half dozen shots of Tequila and even Hamilton can look good. I thought the city was dry. The only reason Russia continues to exist as a nation is the cheap Vodka. I'm sure its the same way down there.