Friday, April 22, 2005

Hey, I like vaginas too!

The Associated Press reports:

The off-Broadway hit "The Vagina Monologues" has gotten two high school students into trouble.

The students were admonished for wearing buttons inspired by the show that say "I (heart) My Vagina."
. . .

"We can't really find out what is inappropriate about it," Rethlefsen, 18, told the Star Tribune of Minneapolis. "I don't think banning things like that is appropriate."

As a show of support, more than 100 students have ordered T-shirts bearing "I (heart) My Vagina" for girls and "I Support Your Vagina" for boys.
"I Support Your Vagina" - Ha, ha, ha! Sounds somewhat akin to "I pay the bills bitch!" I think if a guy wore a shirt bearing "I (heart) Your Vagina" it might sound less sexist than "I support your ass"- but something tells me that would not go over well with most women if a male wore it.
Principal Nancy Wondrasch said some in school find the buttons offensive.
No doubt, if the girls are ugly, you probably don't want to picture them pleasuring themselves.
"We support free speech," she said. "But when it does infringe on other people's rights and our school policies, then we need to take a look at that."
If girls can wear pro-pussy tees, how about me? I demand the right to wear a T-shirt bearing "I (heart) Your Vagina too."

Or how 'bout "Moustache rides 25 cents."

Hat Tip Lisa

3 comments:

Ian Scott said...

I must be in more demand. I can charge a buck for moustache rides. :)

Sixlegged said...

Wow- you've got some cool shit here. I like my vagina too, even though it doesn't belong to me, and I'd get in deep shit for saying that! I look forward to a blogging orgy mañana. Wanna swap links- I'm putting you on my sidebar as we speak.

darcey said...

Holy creapo - we all have so much in commom - we all like vagina's. What a crazy world. I have a goatee so I can come up for air.